The information provided on this website is for general informational purposes only. The information is provided by MYORCO and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of MYORCO. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, MYORCO takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Note to users:
MYORCO tool does not replace specific training programs and clinical training inside the OR. Watching an instructional video alone is not enough to master a new technique. MYORCO is a tool that allows to detail the correct gesture and to draw attention to specific points in order to promote good and safe perioperative practices.
MYORCO is created by a panel of expert nurses from different European countries. Some perioperative practices may vary according to country or institutional specific regulations (e.g. dress code, personal protective equipment, specific vocabulary).
How can the MYORCO online tool be included in nurses' professional development?
First step for the head nurse/manager:
- create a MYORCO account
- create a team in MYORCO
- become familiar with the tool
During the welcom interview with the new team member:
- Explain the principle of the MYORCO tool
- Invite them to join the team on MYORCO (send them an invitation)
- Help them to create access and use the tool
During the initial interview:
- Discuss the technical skills acquired or to be developed with the new team member.
- Explain the objectives and clarify the expectations in relation to the various techniques. Example: In order to provide safe, quality patient care, this is how we expect the procedure to be performed: ...
- If a gap in competence is identified in relation to a practice, ask the person to consult the MYORCO tool and the specific resource. The MYORCO tool will help the person to achieve the desired objective by clarifying the objective and the explanations in the videos.
- Agree on the priority practices to work on and draw up a training/professional development plan.
During progression interviews:
- Debrief in relation to the materials consulted (videos, photos, resources). Are there any questions that remain? Has he/she seen other practices? ...
- Application of the technique in the field, under the supervision of a tutor, followed by a debriefing (what has been learnt, what needs to be improved). Explain the person's reasoning. If necessary, review the technique on MYORCO with the tutor in order to create an exchange based on a visual aid.
- Re-apply the technique in the field, under the supervision of a tutor if practice has not yet been acquired.
- During subsequent progression interviews: discuss the development of the nurse's technical skills and adapt the training/professional development plan in consultation with the nurse, the tutor and the head nurse/manager.